Dear Living in Clapham,
In this blog post we will cover ‘Our first year of ‘Living in Clapham’, developments already taken place in Clapham Common and NEW ones that may just reshape the Town… stay tuned!!
Our 1st Year & Clapham Birthday!
Ok, so what a year for us, we started doing more regular blog posts this year from around Feb, changed our face / layout of our web site and now we've got ourselves a lovely new logo too . We love Clapham, the buzz, the majority of nice people and the awesome vibrant open spaces of the Common!!
We also had our 1st FACEBOOK birthday for our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaphamCommonLondon which we started last year, 11th November 2011… and One year later, we hit over 3,000 lovely facebook fans (YOU guys) with some as far as Dubai, Germany, Brazil, Australia, of course SW London and many more countries!
Clapham Common itself has been very busy, with SkyTV and the Sky dome on the common, which by the way airs the filmed “Got to Dance” in Januray! There was also the Nike Building, the awesome ‘Colourscape music festival (massive colourful inflatable) on the Common, SW4 festival (whoop whoop), OXJAM 2012 took over a part of Clapham for a bit (great cause) and lots of great great Charity events hosted on Clapham Common! Oh and we discovered Hache Burger… hmmm delicious!!
No Icecream or Fireworks – Booo!
Sadly, Ben & Jerry’s AND Fireworks in Clapham were greatly missed this year, tut tut. Del, personally wanted to beat his record of eating 9 cones… well, next time Ben & Jerry’s, next time
New developments and changes in Clapham Common!
So… let us highlight a few new developments recently:
- Clapham high street’s new Library opened + new block of flats above!
- Clapham Leisure centre (with pool) opened!
- The Clapham Skate Park had a makeover!
- Venn Street had a makeover… the road that is!
- Belle vue pub had a refurb
- Be@1 finally fixed up a new sign so it doesn’t look like “Beat One” bar anymore!! We still love their cocktails either way!!
- Abbeville Village had a NEW little Sainsbury’s open up on Abbeyville Road.
- ECO in the High street has had a refurb!
- NEW Adventure Bar has opened in Clapham High Street (in place of Hed Kandi bar)
What next? More developments in Clapham? OH YES!!
- Friends of Clapham Common have continued their sterling work with planting, standing up for Clapham and cultivating our great common!
- Waitrose is opening in Jan 2013 next to Iceland opposite Clapham Common tube station
- …and BIG NEWS… Drum Roll PLEASE….
- A £2.2 Million transformation of Clapham Old Town is looking like it may start before next April – TBC, so stay tuned!!
If there is anything we missed or worth mentioning please let us know or leave a comment below
p.s. We have 2 NEW EXCITING Website additions coming very soon… you'll LOVE IT as it's for YOU!!
See you on the next post… and don’t forget to ‘Share‘ this post and say hi on our page https://www.facebook.com/ClaphamCommonLondon